Job posting

Subject: Job posting
From: "David J. Cross" <djcross -at- IGC -dot- APC -dot- ORG>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 1996 21:24:38 -0800

Esteemed Techwrlers:
I am posting this job listing as a favor to my boss - and to myself,
because I prefer to work for someone who understands the issues discussed
on this list; please forward it to any likely individuals or lists.

Thanks,
David Cross

djcross -at- igc -dot- apc -dot- org

CORPORATE DOCUMENT CONTROL SUPERVISOR/MANAGER
Manage the multi-site corporate document control (CDC) organization of a
750 million dollar company. Responsibilities include 1) document library
services (storage, retrieval, version control, etc.), 2) document-related
workflow organization and support (ECNs, subcontractor data transfer,
etc.), and 3) sustained, planned and focused initiatives to develop
consistent corporate wide processes and systems related to document
management. Exciting challenges facing the VLSI CDC organization today
include harnessing the World Wide Web for document distribution, migration
to juke-box based archiving, and championing installation of a corporate
wide document management system.

The ideal candidate will have a college degree and a minimum of 2 years
managerial experience and at least 4 years experience in document control
organizations and/or related fields. He or she will be familiar with data
base development and management techniques, have a deep understanding of
computer-automated document control, storage, conversion and transfer
techniques and be experienced with Unix, Macintosh and PC platforms.

Please send your resume to the attention of Markus Robinson, San Jose
Corporate Quality Manager, 1109 McKay Dr., M/S 17, San Jose, CA 95131,
FAX 408-434-7935,
email: markus -dot- robinson -at- sanjose -dot- vlsi -dot- com