FrameMaker required; tips requested!

Subject: FrameMaker required; tips requested!
From: aer -at- PCSI -dot- CIRRUS -dot- COM
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 1996 15:36:00 PST

OK, Tim and all you masters of FrameMaker:

Since, as Tim wrote,
"The key to FrameMaker's immense power is
in its templates, which most people don't bother to learn
... FrameMaker can automate reams of functions and make work
at least fifty percent more efficient ... . "

then how about sharing some of your fine focussed
expert advice & guidance on how to make best use
of FM's capabilities? I've just been given the box
of FM software to install [as soon as I make room
on my overcrowded HD], and I'd really like to know
how to efficently spend time digging into this monster
in a box.

I suspect many of us could benefit from some
*substantive* posts with real-world examples of
how to make these costly, feature-laden, function-rich
and rather intimidating programs really kick bits!

Looking forward to some *helpful* hand-me-downs
from all you seasoned vets of FM!! Go to it, guys & gals.

[I'm no master of PageMaker either, just enough to blow up
every sample document I try to alter... so don't use a
PM-based example as the *only* point of departure, please!]

Al Rubottom /\ tel: 619.535.9505, x1737
aer -at- pcsi -dot- cirrus -dot- com /\ fax: 619.541.2260