Re[2]: Royalties from TECHWR-L ???

Subject: Re[2]: Royalties from TECHWR-L ???
From: Joyce Flaherty <flahertj -at- SMTPGW -dot- LIEBERT -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 1996 07:35:35 EST

3/7/96 David Jones wrote:
<big snip>
> The whole area of copyright and liability is still very vague
> in connection with the Internet. Someday, the legal system
> will have developed a clear body of law and precedents!

No doubt the parasites in the three-piece suits are at bay,
salivating, licking their chops. After all the net is a wonderful
new source of revenue. We are such a litigious society already.
Why even think about screwing up a good thing? No doubt our own
paranoia (someone is going to steal my words) is going to make
it easy for them.

For the record, I use info from the net regularly. I don't quote--
not intentionally anyway, but I use ideas. Which is worse? Stealing
an idea and not giving credit, or quoting the source?

joyce flaherty,
she who keeps a copy of *Lawyers and Other Reptiles* on her desk,
flahertj -at- smtpgw -dot- liebert -dot- com