Justification

Subject: Justification
From: Betsy Maaks <bmaaks -at- TELLABS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 1996 14:16:47 CST

Dear colleagues in the vast email cloud,

I am tapping into your great expertise to ask for your ideas about justifying
documentation, specifically to reduce customer calls to customer service to
solve a problem. I work for a manufacturer of telecommunication equipment and
customer service is questioning the value of customer documentation.

I'm looking for two things:

- data that shows how many (%) customer calls were solved by providing document-
ation, or any numbers showing that customer calls to customer service
could have been prevented by using documentation. This can include all the
good reasons for customers to have really good documentation, especially if
you have real data to support it

- response from other telecommuncation equipment manufacturers about their
approach to troubleshooting loss of traffic problems (no details, just
whether or not you document it for customers)

Please respond directly to my email address:

bmaaks -at- tellabs -dot- com

Thank you, oh wise ones. I'll be very grateful for your ideas and any resources
you can direct me to.

Betsy Maaks
bmaaks -at- tellabs -dot- com