Re: How to edit constructively?

Subject: Re: How to edit constructively?
From: Richard Mateosian <srm -at- C2 -dot- ORG>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 1996 09:54:50 -0800

>Some background: I am an engineer turned tech writer; I am managing
>three writers who are all writing software documentation. All three
>writers are also technical people turned writers.

Give them copies of:

Mastering Technical Writing by Joseph C. Mancuso (Addison-Wesley, 1990, ISBN
0-201-52350-7)

BUGS in Writing by Lyn Dupre (Addison-Wesley, 1995, ISBN 0-201-60019-6)

These books are aimed at engineers who want/need to write.

My review of the Dupre book is on my web page. My review of the Mancuso book
appeared about five years ago. I don't have reviews that old on my web page
yet, but you can find it if your library carries IEEE Micro. ...RM

Richard Mateosian http://www.c2.org/~srm/ President, Berkeley STC
Freelance Technical Writer srm -at- c2 -dot- org Review Editor, IEEE Micro