What do we call us? Tidbit

Subject: What do we call us? Tidbit
From: "Dimock, Dick" <red -at- ELSEGUNDOCA -dot- ATTGIS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 1996 11:39:00 PST

Elizabeth Huth has a chance to rename her department, and
asked for input.

We at ATT GIS, now NCR have had a string of names over the
years.

We had been using "Technical Information Development" for
a couple of years. When our charter broadened to cover
some marketing materials, we changed to plain "Information
Development".

We produce docs, training materials, and marketing materials
under this banner.

For flexibility in handling future markets, I recommend the
general, broadly applicable title.

FWIW fer sure. BTW, it was no fun saying we worked in "Tid".
"Id" aint any better.

Regards to all

Dick Dimock Artfully Senior TW now ensconced in
smaller digs (a la Dilbert's Velcro
tab method) but still frightfully
productive, at

NCR Corp Which didn't WANT to be bought by AT&T
in the first place, so ... (shut mouth,
Dick..) in the Faire City of

El Segundo, CA Where the Hughes Aircraft parking lots are
just about FULL, and a timorous
air of "well, maybe better times be
a-comin' ", floats above the Faire
City. Archie the Barber sez biz is
picking up. Better times for CA!

richard -dot- dimock -at- elsegundoca -dot- attgis -dot- com