Plugging Books

Subject: Plugging Books
From: Guy McDonald <guym -at- DAKA -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 1996 09:05:19 -0800

I just read the 9 Kb file from Peter Kent that basically markets his book.
He is selling it at bookstores & I wish him success. From the 9 Kb
message, here's what interests me:

1. reasons for _not_ getting into freelancing
2. the realities of the current job market -- contract or captive!
3. how to get started working with technical-service agencies

The rest of the 9 Kb file dealt with:

1. Peter's response to a critic
2. free marketing of the book by the author

I fully appreciate the right of anyone on this list to respond to open
criticism ONCE (as I recently did ONCE with the Maloney incident). I do
NOT appreciate 9 kB files on your personal lives or what you sell. Nor do
I expect you to care about my business affairs in this arena unless such
are related to current topic and used to communicate
ideas/philosophy/experiences.

This note in no way reflects negatively on Peter's book. I hold tremendous
professional respect for the man, and wish him good health and continued
success in the future.

Guy McDonald
guym -at- daka -dot- com