Re: Decoding of MIME enclosures

Subject: Re: Decoding of MIME enclosures
From: David Jones/KSBEISD <David_Jones/KSBEISD -dot- KSBEISD -at- DATAHUB -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 1996 10:53:43 HST

I get this discussion list through Lotus Notes (here) and Eudora Light (at
home). (At least until I unsubscribed from the home account.) The enclosure
came through as meaningless ASCII text in both cases.

Umm, as a member of other lists/newsgroups that have been the recipient of
large binary/MIME file attachments in the past, could we maybe avoid general
distribution of such attachments to the list? It increases download times
significantly and seriously consumes drive space on systems with cramped HDs
... A simple note to the list describing the file and asking that anyone
wanting it email the note sender directly would politely allow those who want
the file to get it, while those who don't want the file don't have to get it.

In the meantime, if any kind person has a spare 1000+ KB hard drive they could
send, I will gladly replace my current drive! <G>

David
Technical Writer
Kamehameha Schools Bishop Estate
DISCLAIMER:
"I do not speak for my employer, my computer, or any other living thing."