Re: "Utilize"

Subject: Re: "Utilize"
From: Mark Boyer <MBoyer -at- BANYAN -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 1996 12:17:55 EST

Absolutely right.

I'll go further. In 99% of the cases, "use" is preferable to "utilize."

Now if we can only get people to stop using "oftentimes."
Original Text
From: Emily Skarzenski <eskarzenski -at- dttus -dot- com>, on 2/23/96 10:29 AM:
> "Utilize" in reference to people really annoys me.

I'm waiting for the day when, sitting in a movie theater, I hear one
spurned, lovesick character yell angrily to another, "You utilized
me!"

Emily M. Skarzenski
Deloitte & Touche/ICS - Chadds Ford, PA
eskarzenski -at- dttus -dot- com