Are faculty paid for internships?

Subject: Are faculty paid for internships?
From: "Dr. James Lenze - Technical Communication" <LENZE -at- LTU -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 1996 10:38:03 -0500

My department will hopefully offer paid internship opportunities
to our students this summer. We have already lined up some
great opportunities for our students. The faculty who are
going to supervise these internships would like to be paid for
their part in the internships. Faculty will visit the internship
site, advise the intern as needed, provide guidance in writing
an internship report, and grade the internship report when it
is submitted. The internship report consists of a daily log,
a portfolio, a job description, and a narrative summarizing the
internship.

Question: Do you think instructors should be paid for thier
part in the internship?

Question: Do you know of other internship programs that pay
instructors for their participation?

I would appreciate it if you would respond to my address and
not post your answers to the list. I will be happy to post
a summary of the responses that I receive.

Dr. James Lenze, Assistant Professor Internet: LENZE -at- LTU -dot- EDU
Technical Communication Degree Program Phone: (810) 204-3658
Lawrence Technological University FAX: (810) 204-3518
Southfield, MI 48075-1058 Office: M145 (in M139)