Re: Docs for internal users

Subject: Re: Docs for internal users
From: Grant Hogarth <GRANT -at- ONYXGFX -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 1996 13:05:46 +8

Angela Howard <angela -at- navisoft -dot- com> asks:

> Do any of you write documentation only for internal users and not
> for external customers?

Yes. Sort-of. :-)
I write Application Notes, which have as their original audience our
TSE's and their immediate clients, but which are bundled in with our
training materials.

> How do you give them the same quality of information yet keep the
> costs down?

Good question.
We use the same docs for in-house as we do for training customers.

> Is a training manual less costly to write?

Nope. If anything, more.

Yes. Exactly.. and copy them @ Kinko's.

>Do you only offer the documentation online to save any printing costs?

We do, but not from a printing cost reasoning...from an accessability
reasoning. Plus, it's easier than faxing, and the quality is better.

See our web page for these notes.

Grant

Grant Hogarth, Information Developer, Onyx Graphics Corp. Midvale, UT
www.onyxgfx.com ftp.onyxgfx.com
#include <std_disclaim>

"Education is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your
temper or your self-confidence."
--Robert Frost