"See" and "Utilize"

Subject: "See" and "Utilize"
From: Kathy Fisher <KDFisher -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 1996 19:38:16 -0500

If I see the word "see" used ONE MORE TIME in documentation to reference
another document I'm gonna lose my lunch! We "see" with our eyes. We
"refer" to a document.

I also wish the word "utilize" would be permanently banned and replaced with
"use." The trend in technical writing is less is better. Why use
$64,000-dollar words when a $5-dollar word will do the trick???

Kathy Fisher (KDFisher -at- aol -dot- com)
Tech Writer