Death of RTF (Netscape 2.0 Word Viewer)

Subject: Death of RTF (Netscape 2.0 Word Viewer)
From: David Blyth <dblyth -at- QUALCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 1996 13:39:17 -0700

HI Alexander;

DB> Based on Quick View Plus from Inso Corporation, the Word
DB> Viewer Plug-in gives you the power to instantly view any
DB> Microsoft Word 6.0 or 7.0 document from within Netscape
DB> Navigator 2.0.

Alex> What is the advantage of this product compared to the free
Alex> Winword viewer that MS offers on its FTP server
Alex> (WORDVU.EXE)?

Netscape 2.0 plus Word Viewer reduces your overhead.
You are not running 2 separate applications. You are only
running Netscape 2.0. In practical terms, this lets you view
both HTML and Word documents from inside Netscape without
invoking WORDVU.EXE.

You can also view PDF documents without invoking Acrobat.

To generalize, Netscape 2.0 acts as an umbrella product for
about 20 plug-ins. This lets you use Netscape plus the
power of 20 separate applications while you're still ONLY
using Netscape 2.0.

David (The Man) Blyth
Technical Writer
Qualcomm

The usual disclaimers apply - I don't speak for QUALCOMM, they don't speak
for me....