Re: Is grammar fair game?

Subject: Re: Is grammar fair game?
From: Mark Levinson <mark -at- SD -dot- CO -dot- IL>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 1996 18:08:36 IST

I'll chime in on Beverly's side, though I'm not happy with
that politically incorrect reference to "deep kimchee."
How would you like it if some Korean writer referred to
"deep cornflakes"? (Or, er, are you Korean?)

There are plenty of occasions when the grammatical implications
of the technology we're writing about are too fresh to be
properly reflected in our reference books. And the techwr-l
community may understand better what we're talking about than
the copyediting-l community would.

||- Mark L. Levinson, mark -at- sd -dot- co -dot- il -- Box 5780, 46157 Herzlia, Israel -||
|| You can't judge right by looking at the wrong. - Willie Dixon ||