Re: Framemaker

Subject: Re: Framemaker
From: "Kathy E. Gill" <kegill -at- HALCYON -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 1996 13:54:52 -0800

Excuse me, but it seems that many of the complaints I have read about Frame
deal with the inherent instability of Windows and/or under-powered
machines. Many other complaints are "solved" by the use of Pagemaker.

So why select Frame over Pagemaker?

I *never* use Word for major documents (it's slow, cumbersome, excessively
large in terms of RAM and extensions, and I like to *see* what my pages
look like -- hence, I use Pagemaker.) In fact, I *rarely* use Word at all
-- I use BBEdit for HTML and Word Perfect for word processing (Simple Text
when formatting matters not).

Kathy