Eric's request for change -- a new writer's viewpoint

Subject: Eric's request for change -- a new writer's viewpoint
From: Richard G Harris <rgh -at- WORLD -dot- STD -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 1996 08:37:46 +0001

As a convert from engineering to techwhirling, I've found this list is a
great help. Most of the issues people discuss on the list have been
helpful to me.

Yeah, Eric makes some very valid points. Who among us doesn't wqke up in
a cold sweat once in a while. Over the years I've come to the conclusion
though that quality endures, while meeting a deadline (or not meeting it)
is a more passing issue (as long as I don't consistently miss deadlines).

I would be helped by one thing. Spend as much time thinking about the
subject of the post as you do thinking about things like rivers of white
space. That way, I can choose which posts to read, and which posts to
simply delete, more quickly.

One person's viewpoint...