Re: Framemaker Weirdness

Subject: Re: Framemaker Weirdness
From: Gregory Keith <GKeith -at- DELRINA -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 1996 16:01:00 PST

>Disappearing graphics, an application that suddenly notifies you that it is
out of
>memory is going to quite RIGHT NOW, anything you'd care to save? text and
>graphics that overlap each other for no apparent reason, mysterious
flickering
>characters, the constant need to refresh the screen to see what is there
>clearly, spell checking that highlights words that aren't visible on the
>currently displayed page...

Jason Questor asked whether the problems noted above are typical of Frame 5.
Well, opinions vary with mileage, as they say, but the above problems are
classic symptoms of GDI & Windows resource shortages; I'd say it's the
machine Frame is running on. With a mix of 10 PCs in our doc department,
some 486/33s w/ 16 MB RAM running 3.1 or 3.11 and some Pentium 590s and 566s
w/ 16 or 32MB RAM running Win95, we haven't had any of the problems
described.

Greg

Gregory Keith
Technical Writer
The Delrina Group
Symantec Corporation
gkeith -at- delrina -dot- com

Seen on a VW Beetle's license plate in Silicon Valley: "FEATURE"