Re: online or on-line

Subject: Re: online or on-line
From: John -dot- Renish -at- CONNER -dot- COM
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 1996 17:14:04 PST

Absolute balderdash and codswallop! You can name a product anything you want,
absent violation of copyrights and trademarks. What about, for example,
PhotoShop, AppleTalk, Debabelizer, Kodak, and IBM?

I prefer on-line for technical purposes and some writers prefer online, but
if I were the marketing people, I probably would have called it Xxxxx OnLine,
or something equally vacuous and catchy. Companies pay good money for
computer programs that generate nonsense names for products: this must be
the first time marketing types ever took spelling seriously--and to no
apparent purpose.

John -dot- Renish -at- Conner -dot- com
My comments are my own and do not represent Conner Peripherals
Original Text