Acrobat file sizes

Subject: Acrobat file sizes
From: David Ibbetson <ibbetson -at- IDIRECT -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 1996 16:29:25 -0500

LaVonna Funkhouser writes:

As I wondered through a large techwr-l digest, I spotted
this from David Ibbetson:

>My very limited experience with Acrobat has been its large file size. OK,
>there's plenty of space on a CD-ROM, but we're being encouraged to send
>Acrobat files over the Internet, or am I wrong?

>David (the winter-hater) Ibbetson
>end

To which I say, "Large as compared to what??"

=======================================

Apparently I over-reacted to an unfortunate incident. Because of what is
alleged to be a modem incompatibility problem file transfers go in fits and
starts. Large files (over 100k) are particularly slow. (FWIW I use a
Zoltrix ZX-288 modem which, when it gets on with my service provider works
at 28.8k). I had a large mug of coffee while receiving a 4-page Acrobat
document which I wasn't expecting.

David (we're promised more seasonable weather -- freeze by night, thaw by
day, ice sheets every morning) Ibbetson
end

David Ibbetson Phone (416) 363-6692
ibbetson -at- idirect -dot- com Fax (416) 363-4987
133 Wilton Street, #506
Toronto, Ontario
Canada M5A 4A4