Re: Re. Usage of K(ilo)

Subject: Re: Re. Usage of K(ilo)
From: Phil Atkinson <phila -at- INTUITIVE -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 1996 15:48:59 +0000

Forgive me if I'm wrong but its KB for computers. K was used as an
abbreviation for all those plebes out there who wanted to buy a 48K Spectrum
or Commodore 64(K). In both these cases KB would have been considerably more
accurate. However, those clever marketing people obviously decided that a
single character acronym had far more chance of success than a double
character acronym !

Thank god they don't make Spectrums anymore. Do they ?...

For those of you in the US who may not know what I'm talking about, the
Spectrum 48K and Commodore 64 were two wonderful computers from that era
when the term 'Home computers' was still in use. They were both about as
much use as an old toilet brush.

--
Phil Atkinson, Documentation Manager
Intuitive Systems Ltd phone: +44 (0) 1438 317966