English vs. ??? (Pissin' in the wind))

Subject: English vs. ??? (Pissin' in the wind))
From: "Guy A. McDonald" <guym -at- DAKA -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 1996 11:24:33 -0800

****GREAT big GIANT snip****

1 ft-lb =3D 1.35582 n-m OR 1 n-m =3D 0.73756 ft-lb. In the original
example, 45 in-lb +/- 5 in-lb works out to 5.1 +/- 0.56 n-m. In the real
world, we would probably use 5.0 +/- 0.5 n-m. So far, I have seen torque
wrenches calibrated in in-oz, ft-lb, and n-m, but never in-lb.

****MORE of the SAME****

There is nothing more annoying than egg-headed ivory tower types trying =
to shove individual "personal engineering religion" down industry's =
throat. Any tech writer that doesn't look at what he/she is writing =
about is a deluded.

I refer all you unit conversion happy folk to: L.S. Starrett Co. =
(Athol, Mass) & Consolidated Devices, Inc. (City of Industry, CA)

Now, go take on the day!

Guy McDonald
guym -at- daka -dot- com