Re: Help with sub/superscript identifiers

Subject: Re: Help with sub/superscript identifiers
From: Richard Mateosian <srm -at- C2 -dot- ORG>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 1996 19:12:48 -0800

>There's a resource called R that can be defined with a direction, Ri for
>Resource input and Ro for resource output (pretend the i & o are
>subscripts, please).

>There can be more than one resource in a particular direction. The
>engineer who's writing the code has decided to label these as Ri1
>(imagine the 1 is superscript over the subscripted i) and Ri2 (ditto).

Use IR and OR for the generic ins and outs, then use numbers (on the same
line or as subscripts, as you prefer) to distinguish instances such as IR2
and OR3. ...RM

Richard Mateosian http://www.c2.org/~srm/ President, Berkeley STC
Freelance Technical Writer srm -at- c2 -dot- org Review Editor, IEEE Micro