Re: Where should I buy Frame?

Subject: Re: Where should I buy Frame?
From: WaverlyD -at- AOL -dot- COM
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 1996 22:23:06 -0500

Having not seen this posted on the list (much to my surprise), I'd like to
submit this method of "legally" getting software inexpensively:

Go to a computer show (we have loads of them in the NJ, PA, DE area). Buy a
used version of the software, ensuring that you get the manual which contains
the registration number (I've gotten a used version of Word for $25). Then
get the upgrade for the reduced price.

OR

Buy a competitor's version of the type of software you want to end up with,
then get the competitive upgrade of the software you really want to use.

I've done it many times. For example, my wife uses WordPerfect where she
works. Her company wouldn't spring for a home copy. I bought the used
Microsoft Word for $25 and then got a competitive upgrade discounted copy of
WordPerfect.

-Ray "I swear there isn't a drop of `submit favorite penny pinching ethnic
group here' blood in me" Pidge