Customizing documents

Subject: Customizing documents
From: Steiner Franz <STEINERF -at- PCCEN -dot- AVL -dot- CO -dot- AT>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 1996 09:06:00 W

Hello from Austria,

We are writing paper-documentation and online-help for a product that is
delivered in several (20 or so) different variants and with a bunch of
additional options. All of these variants have a great amount of
functionality in common. So we don't want to write and maintain seperate
documents for every variant. Our idea is to have a big overall document that
can be configured according to the customers needs and printed on demand.
Our question is: Does anybody know of a tool that can help us to manage this
task? We are currently working with MS Word 6.0 and Doc-to-Help 1.6.1
(probably upgrading soon) so it would be nice if these tools work together.

Thanks in advance!

Franz Steiner
steinerf -at- pccen -dot- avl -dot- co -dot- at

Andreas Koeck
koecka -at- pccen -dot- avl -dot- co -dot- at