Re: Hierarchical Hypertext Links

Subject: Re: Hierarchical Hypertext Links
From: diane haugen <dhaugen -at- BARNESVILLE -dot- POLARISTEL -dot- NET>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 1996 17:04:02 -0600

On 20 Jan., James Lockard stated:

>Like a pop-up link in Winhelp, the expansion link doesn't take you to
>another section of the document, it just reveals further detail on the
>same "page". I find the links useful because they allow the reader to
>see all the third-level heading, for instance, under a particular
>second-level heading. It's a nice way to layer the information.

This is my personal opinion only, but to be quite honest with you, I HATE
pseudo links on web pages. If something is supposed to be a link to
another page, I want to see another page. The excessive page flapping that
occurs with these things is hard on the eyes.

These kinds of pages are useful -- but for gosh sakes, just tell me to
scroll down the page.

Diane Haugen
Whiskey Creek Document Design
P.O. Box 69
Barnesville, MN 56514

dhaugen -at- barnesville -dot- polaristel -dot- net