Re: How long does it take you?

Subject: Re: How long does it take you?
From: John Hedtke <jhedtke -at- OZ -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 1996 11:12:55 GMT

Cameron: >>8<< hours/page?? Oy veh! Even when writing a 3rd-party
technical book from scratch, I still only take perhaps 2 hours/page.
Really complex material takes 3, but that doesn't happen too often.
Figure another hour or two/page for technical editing (depending on
the writer and the complexity of the edits) and 10-15 minutes/page for
fullscale DTP. (These figures are coming both from my personal
experience writing books and manuals and also the metrics I developed
as manager of a tech pubs department with 22 writers and leads.)

Yours Truly,

John Hedtke