FrameMaker 5.0 on Windows NT

Subject: FrameMaker 5.0 on Windows NT
From: Jason Peterson <spillman!jpeterso -at- UUNET -dot- UU -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 1996 13:00:00 -0700

I'm curious to know from those of you who are running FrameMaker 5.0 on
Windows NT or Windows95 if there is a noticeable degradation of
performance. We are switching to a Window NT network and simultaneously
upgrading from FrameMaker 4.0 to FrameMaker 5.0. I called Adobe, the new
owner of Frame Technologies, to find out what kind of support is offered
for the NT platform and was surprised to learn that there is NONE--and that
Microsoft has not yet approved FrameMaker 5.0 as being "logo-compliant" with
either Windows95 or Windows NT. (The sales rep. blamed their delay in moving
to a 32 bit design on their recent merger with Adobe.)

Our concern is that FrameMaker 5.0 will run on our new NT network with
the markedly reduced performance that we have noticed with other 16 bit
applications such as WordPerfect 6.1. Can anyone offer any advice?

If this topic has already been beaten to death, I apologize for
resurrecting it.

Jason Peterson
Spillman Data System, Inc.
jpeterso -at- spillman -dot- com