Large numbers, Brit and Yank style

Subject: Large numbers, Brit and Yank style
From: Alexander Von_obert <avobert -at- TWH -dot- MSN -dot- SUB -dot- ORG>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 1996 15:05:01 +0100

Hello Stan,

* Antwort auf eine Nachricht von Stan Brown an All am 13.01.96

SB> From: Stan Brown <stbrown -at- nacs -dot- net>

SB> In older British usage, a billion was sometimes a million
SB> million
SB> rather than a thousand million.

this is why BBC Worldservice uses "1.000 million" only. BTW there is a BBC
Worldservice Style Guide you can buy at the BBC Worldservce Shop in Bush
House. I browsed through it two years ago when I was there.

Greetings from Germany,
Alexander