Re: e-mail

Subject: Re: e-mail
From: David Ibbetson <ibbetson -at- IDIRECT -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 1996 19:54:28 -0500

Keith Calvert Ivey wrote:
>Next you'll be arguing that I should pronounce "URL" as
>"you-are-ell" instead of "earl" to avoid confusing Web
>addresses with British noblemen.

I pronounce URL as you-are-ell, because that seems the natural way to me. If
I'd heard it spoken before I saw it in print I might pronounce it differently.
I was under the impression that Earl is a reasonably common American given
name, so there are at least two groups available for confusion.

David (the e-mailed [but not yet enamelled] idiot) Ibbetson

David Ibbetson Phone (416) 363-6692
ibbetson -at- idirect -dot- com Fax (416) 363-4987
133 Wilton Street, #506
Toronto, Ontario
Canada M5A 4A4