Re: Certification

Subject: Re: Certification
From: Robert Plamondon <robert -at- PLAMONDON -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 1996 08:39:12 -0800

Stephen Victor wrote:
> If we want to be in a profession known by the quality of its
> members, are we willing to expend the effort required to demonstrate our
> excellence?

Certification doesn't indicate excellence. It indicates either an
ability to live up to minimal standards (possibly after years of
special tutoring) or an ability to bribe the proctors.

I earned more engineering degrees than the Wright brothers and Edison
had between them, and I earned more college degrees than Winston
Churchill and Mark Twain put together. I even earned just as
many law degrees as Thomas Jefferson (i.e., none). I earned
more public speaking awards in my youth than Demosthenes did in
his.

So what?

-- Robert

--
Robert Plamondon, President/Managing Editor, High-Tech Technical Writing, Inc.
robert -at- plamondon -dot- com * (541) 453-5841 * Fax: (541) 453-4139