Certification

Subject: Certification
From: moorej <moorej -at- NANDO -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 1996 18:37:54 -0500

After lurking through much discussion of certification, one big question
sticks in my mind. Is the STC proposing/ considering a certification of
minimal competence designed to weed out those who really couldn't do the
job acceptably or would certification identify people as accomplished,
respected writers who have contributed to the profession?

It seems to me that the concerns and strategies would be really different
for these two cases. Does anyone know which option is actually under
consideration?

Jennifer Moore
moorej -at- nando -dot- net