Re: Representing Computer Interactions (was "comma splices")

Subject: Re: Representing Computer Interactions (was "comma splices")
From: Nora Merhar <merhar -at- YOOPER -dot- SWITCH -dot- ROCKWELL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 1996 12:00:53 -0600

George,

We used to use slashes (i.e. Select File/Print) but then decided that
arrows from the symbol menu would be better (Select File --> Print). I
honestly don't remember why. It seems to me to be much the same as the
colons you use. I like it because it's less verbose, and once you
explain the convention to your user, it's quite clear what you mean
every time.

Nora
--

Nora Merhar | Opinions expressed here are strictly my
merhar -at- switch -dot- rockwell -dot- com | own. They do not represent the opinions