Re: PostScript.

Subject: Re: PostScript.
From: Matt Ion <soundy -at- NEXTLEVEL -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 1996 12:56:21 0800

In <199601081845 -dot- KAA19844 -at- fun -dot- direct -dot- ca>, on 01/08/96 at 12:10 PM,
Stuart Reynolds <reynolds -at- IC -dot- NET> said:

>If I had my typography "bible" =
>with me, I could quote you the actual differences and why one is better =
>than the other, and in which circumstances.

I'm going from a distant memory here, but aren't TT fonts a bitmapped type,
while Adobe fonts are vectored? I seem to remember the technical difference
being something similar to that, in concept at least.

>And yes, when it comes to fonts, the general rule is, if they cost more, =
>they are much better. Usually because, as Arlen notes, the more =
>expensive ones, come from higher end "foundries". =20

In other words, you get what you pay for? :-)

There are actually a lot of really well-done Adobe fonts lurking about on
shareware/freeware sites. Check ftp://hobbes.nmsu.edu/multimedia/fonts for
example...

Your friend and mine,
Matt
---*** NOTE: Windows 95 Fixpack now available! ***---
See http://www.austin.ibm.com/pspinfo/drk95.html for more info!

Opinions expressed do not necessarily reflect those of Next Level
Productions, or anyone else of sound mind from this planet or dimension!