[no subject]

From: Bob Morrisette <Robert -dot- Morrisette -at- EBAY -dot- SUN -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 1996 13:07:04 -0800

Chet Ensign <Chet_Ensign%LDS -at- NOTES -dot- WORLDCOM -dot- COM> sais:

Deleted part

>As part of the Pinnacles initiative, Intel did an indepth analysis of the data
>book for the Pentium Pro processor. They discovered that the document cost
$500,000 to produce. And they found that more than half that was the cost to
>find, convert and rekey information between one system and another.
^^^^^

>These kinds of expenses are typically hidden costs that are invisible on the
>corporate expense sheets. We need new accounting models that will show the
>people charged with making decisions the real costs of their products.

>Best,

>/chet

Why would you ever need to rekey information going from one
system to another? Sounds like unnecessary work to me.

Bob Morrisette
writer -at- sabu -dot- Ebay -dot- sun -dot- com