Re. Editors and managers, Part II

Subject: Re. Editors and managers, Part II
From: Geoff Hart <geoff-h -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 1996 12:40:15 LCL

Another difference that I neglected to mention in my
the details involved in the process, from coaxing reviews
and nudging delinquent authors towards deadlines, through
making sure the revisions (graphics and text) are
implemented, to negotiating with printers and translators.

These are all things the manager doesn't want to deal with
in our shop. He wants to manage the big picture, and leaves
the minutae to me. Since I'm not in the management big
leagues, they call me "publications coordinator" instead of
"pubs manager"; pretty accurate, all things considered.

Oh yeah... I also translate reports and write "stuff".
That's why, in addition to the interesting company, I'm
hanging out on this list.

--Geoff Hart @8^{)}
geoff-h -at- mtl -dot- feric -dot- ca

Disclaimer: If I didn't commit it in print in one of our
reports, it don't represent FERIC's opinion.