Re: certification

Subject: Re: certification
From: Gary Merrill <merrill -at- HYPERION -dot- PDIAL -dot- INTERPATH -dot- NET>
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 1996 22:19:21 GMT

I am definately *not* in favor of a certification process (for writers or
programmers),
but the following deserves a response.

> How can STC possibly put together a certification process that takes into
> account the differences in language, audience (I hear Americans like pictures
> and diagrams while Germans dislike them), and culture? The global village is
> very much a reality my friends.
> Dan Martillotti ******************

Yes, indeed it is. And a technical writer *must* be familiar with the myriad
issues
of internationalization. We want our software to cross all of these
(geographical
and cultural) borders. This cannot be done unless the documentation (and the
interface) can do so as well.

Gary Merrill