Starting 'em early

Subject: Starting 'em early
From: Kat Nagel/MasterWork <katnagel -at- EZNET -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 1996 08:29:09 -0400

Saw this on Net-Happenings recently. Sounds like a great
introduction to technical writing!

>-----From> Brian Maguire <102635 -dot- 1732 -at- compuserve -dot- com>
>Subject> Mind's Eye Monster Exchange project

>I have been doing various internet projects in the grade 3 and 4 classroom
>for about a year now. Our most popular project that has really taken off
>is a the Mind's Eye Monster Exchange project. It began last year with two
>schools participating and has exploded to over 100 hundred. Here is a
>URL to the two of the web pages that explains it.
>http://www.gbn.com/mindseye/monster_gallery/home.html
>You can see last
>years www page by clicking the "other galleries" button The basic
>description is the kids match up with a cooperating school class . Each
>class draws a picture of an original monster and then writes a descriptive
>paragraph describing it. That paragraph gets e-mail to the cooperating
>class and their mission is to try drawing the monster just from reading the
>descriptions. The picture original and redrawnm get scanned by the kids
>and then the teachers publish them on the web. To see my class project
<with an australian school click the GMU monster galleries button. Let me
<know what you think. If the given url does not work search in Yahoo for
<Gilbertsville Mount Upton CSD and the project is linked to our
>homepage.

>Enjoy!
>Brian

@Kat_____ Kat Nagel
MasterWork Consulting Services Rochester, NY
LIFE1 (techwriting/docdesign) katnagel -at- eznet -dot- net
LIFE2 (vocal chamber music) PlaynSong -at- aol -dot- com