Re: Certification (not terribly long)

Subject: Re: Certification (not terribly long)
From: David Blyth <dblyth -at- QUALCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 1996 05:28:17 GMT

Caryn Rizell says...

>Certainly a certification program would have a list of requirements
>to meet. But maybe the requirement would be EITHER a degree or an >equivalent
number of years experience.

What's an "equivalent number of years experience"? Four? Suppose
I have 3 and am a good technical writer - but can't get certified. Can I
get a job?

As to the other idea, what degree should one get? Mine is in Cognitive
Science, my boss has a BS in Engineering, and _his_ boss (with about
15 years experience Tech Writing) has an BA in Biology.

Perhaps certification should revolve around people taking my Tech
Writing Test ;)

And just in case someone can't guess.....The above paragraph was a
a joke.......

David (The Man) Blyth
Technical Writer
QUALCOMM