(Fwd) Re: hobbies & interests on resumes

Subject: (Fwd) Re: hobbies & interests on resumes
From: Grant Hogarth <GRANT -at- ONYXGFX -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 1996 14:04:22 -0700

Somebody (sorry.. I was a little quick on the "D" key... :( ) pointed
out that a person at their company had listed every job they had ever
had, and thought that this was too much. I agree. I had a major career
switch about 6y ago; and while a lot of the *skills* I learned there
are still valid, the field was so different that most people in TW
don't know what to make of them. So... what I do in my "Employment
History" section, is say

"Prior to 1989 - Details on request".

I still list the skills that are transferable in a "Skills" section...
people management is still people management, whether it is a
100-person construction crew or a 5-person doc group. (Yes, there
*are* differences, but a matter of degree, not kind.)

Given the discussion here on hobbies and such, I'm giving serious
consideration to doing the same for my hobbies (and possibly awards).

Grant

Grant Hogarth, Information Developer
Onyx Graphics Corp. Midvale, UT
www.onyxgfx.com ftp.onyxgfx.com