Help

Subject: Help
From: Wolf Lahti <wduby -at- PACCAR -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 1995 09:42:58 -0800

Okay--this is not your usual 'How do I unsubscribe?' message; I know how to
do that, or rather, I know how I'm supposed to.

The problem comes about because I originally subscribed to this list while
my address was wduby -at- techcenter -dot- paccar -dot- com -dot- Due to the infinite wisdom of
our Corporate division, that address no longer exists, so I cannot send mail
from it to unsubscribe.

I had to subscribe with my new address (wduby -at- paccar -dot- com) to send this
message, which means I'm now subscribed twice, one of these being an account
that the list will not accept mail from.

As the man said:

If you are a subscriber but your E-mail address
(as shown on your outgoing messages) has changed, you'll
have problems. Contact the list owner with your old
and current addresses.

Mail sent to what I thought was the list owner's address
(LISTSERV -at- OSUVM1 -dot- BITNET) only bounces.

I do want to stay on the list with the new address--but I don't want to get
everything twice. Dealing with sixty-odd messages per day is more than
enough without having to figure out which are duplicates.

"I hate quotations!"
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson