Yet another Word question

Subject: Yet another Word question
From: "Kahn, Stacey" <skahn -at- WB -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 1995 15:05:01 U

Hi all,

I'm using Word for a long document. Instead of the so-called Master Document
feature, I'm using RD (reference document) fields, so far without problem.

I've got ten chapters, each of which is page-numbered separately in
chapter-page format. Figure and table numbers are also supposed to be resetting
for each chapter.

Problem is, some chapters correctly reset the figure numbers (e.g., 3-37,
3-38; 4-1, 4-2, etc) while others increment the chapter number correctly but
don't reset the sequence number (e.g., 3-37, 3-38, 4-39, 4-40).

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

--Stacey Kahn
SKahn -at- wb -dot- com Washington, DC
speaking for myself and not for my employers