E-mail/e-mail

Subject: E-mail/e-mail
From: "Knox, Phebe" <pknox -at- CADMUS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 1995 08:42:53 EST

Al Rubottom said the N.Y. Times decided on the style E-mail
or e-mail. We heard on the Copyediting list from a Times
staffer who says the style is E-mail, always capped. The
analogy was to T-shirt and A-bomb. Myself, I prefer e-mail
within sentences and capped if it begins a sentence.

Phebe Knox pknox -at- cadmus -dot- com