Re: the document development process

Subject: Re: the document development process
From: Mercedes Abels <maa5906 -at- GRIFFON -dot- MWSC -dot- EDU>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 1995 20:24:42 -0600

Our process includes writers in the development team which, for me, has
meant lots of rewriting. We are revising and rewriting text right up to
the day it goes out with the unit most of the time.

The last development team I sat in on included an engineer, a trainer, a
parts person, a marketing rep, and an electrical engineer. (and me, a
publications intern) The documentation went out a week after the first
unit shipped and we will make changes to it to reflect engineering
changes that were made after the trade show. It is truly a living process.