Sacramento job opening

Subject: Sacramento job opening
From: "Linda H. Schoenhoff" <lhs -at- UNIFY -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 1995 14:40:53 PST

Technical Writer/Manager

Unify corporation is a leading supplier of client/server, graphical OO
development tools for open systems, and is at the forefront of client/server
technology with Unify VISION, our second generation client/server application
development toolset. We are currently seeking a Manager of Product
Documentation.

Unify's technical center is located in Sacramento, CA. This position is
based there.

Technical Writers at Unify Corporation are involved in the development
cycle at an early stage and are responsible for understanding the
functional specification and creating professional, easy to read user
documentation. Unify's products are sophisticated and comprehensive and
thus require solid, usable documentation.

We need someone who can effectively lead a small group of experienced
writers, while also writing technical documentation.

Our multivolume documentation set includes tutorials, procedure guides,
and complex programming reference manuals.

Requirements are:
-----------------
Bachelor's degree
5 years tech writing
2 years tech writing on complex software products
2 years tech experience writing online documentation
2 years management
Desktop publishing expertise
Familiarity with software life-cycle
MS Windows and Programming expertise

Any of the following is a plus:
o Unix experience
o BS/CS with tech writing emphasis

Unify Corporation has outstanding compensation and benefits. For
immediate consideration, send email to (ascii, postscript or word format):

lhs -at- unify -dot- com

or fax/mail your resume to:

Lisa Waddell
Unify Corporation