Re: ... (and e-mail/email)

Subject: Re: ... (and e-mail/email)
From: Beverly Parks <bparks -at- HUACHUCA-EMH1 -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 1995 07:24:03 MST

Tracy Boyington <trlyboyi -at- GENESIS -dot- ODVTE -dot- STATE -dot- OK -dot- US> wrote-->
> I read something about this recently (wish I'd kept it or remembered
> where I saw it :-( ) that said you should hyphenate e-mail because it
> stands for "electronic mail," which is *currently* two separate words.
> The author acknowledged that "e-mail" would eventually be replaced by
> "email," but not yet. And "E-mail" is just not done (faux pas!).

===========
I prefer email because of radar (which was once *four* separate
words). It's only a matter of time before email becomes a word
in it's own right. I bet there are people out there who know
full well what you're talking about when you say "email", but
would have to pause a moment (or longer!) to process
"electronic mail". Email is the more commonly recognized and
used term.

=*= Beverly Parks -- bparks -at- huachuca-emh1 -dot- army -dot- mil =*=
=*= SEASON'S GREETINGS TO ONE AND ALL! =*=
=*= "Unless otherwise stated, all comments are my own. =*=
=*= I am not representing my employer in any way." =*=