[no subject]

From: Christy Langley <GRLANGLE -at- ECUVM -dot- CIS -dot- ECU -dot- EDU>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 1995 20:16:00 EST

I do not understand the bruhaha over the language thread discussion. As
a tech writing student, I have found that audience IS a component of
tech writing. A subcomponent of audience is the language we use to speak
to or communicate with that audience. Pronouns ARE a component of language.
You don't need Sherlock Holmes to investigate that one.

Perhaps these irritating "please no more discussions on ______" could be
eliminated if someone would take the initiative and devise a list of
those strictly technical communication issues that we are neglecting,
according to some list subscribers. I don't mean to snap, but the other
lists I am devoted to hardly contain constant bickering over what
correct topics are or should be. Frankly, if this bickering is
going to continually resurface over every other topic, then this list
needs more structure.

Dawn
disclaimer: no flaming intended