Re: Review tool for FrameMaker?

Subject: Re: Review tool for FrameMaker?
From: Robert Crews <robertc -at- VIRAGE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 1995 12:25:05 -0800

Paul Zinn wrote:
>My group writes its manuals in FrameMaker and so far has distributed
>them for review in hardcopy, which doesn't allow for easy tracking of
>comments or, more importantly, responding to others' comments. We'd
>like to find a tool that lets our reviewers enter their comments
>directly into a view of the document and integrates those comments
>with those of other reviewers so that they can discuss issues with
>each other and avoid duplicates.

>I know Adobe Acrobat gives some of that function, but I don't think it
>can integrate comments from multiple reviewers(?). Does anyone know
>of a tool (for Mac or Windows) that can do what I've described?

Is there a reason you can't use FrameMaker? Just create a conditional
text tag for reviews and put the document in an electronic location
your reviewers can access. You might ask them all to make sure they set
network file locking so only one reviewer can make changes at a time.
If you really want to go wild, you can set it up so each reviewer's
suggestions show up in a different color.

Robert Crews
San Diego Frame User's Network
robertc -at- virage -dot- com