Re: Word 6 Chapter Management

Subject: Re: Word 6 Chapter Management
From: Garret Romaine <GRomaine -at- MSMAIL -dot- RADISYS -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 1995 08:52:00 PST

<<A WWW (Word-wrangled woman) [with no sig] asked about starting chapters on
odd pages...>>

All I can tell you is what I do with Word 6 -- I don't use the master doc
feature. Instead, I just allot one chapter per file and fiddle with the
"insert page number" command to tweak the footer's page number code.

Another alternative would be to use chapter page numbers (3-1, 4-1, 5-1,
etc.)

I haven't trusted a master document feature since WordPerfect 5.1 crippled
an entire book and forced me to a backup version.

Garret Romaine
gromaine -at- radisys -dot- com

"Here in The Nations they call us the Civilized Tribe.
They call us civilized because we're easy to sneak up on."

The Outlaw Josie Wales