Re: -No Subject-

Subject: Re: -No Subject-
From: "Dan S. Azlin" <dazlin -at- SHORE -dot- NET>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 1995 17:53:56 -0500

On Fri, 15 Dec 1995, Jill Clay wrote:

> I use Word 6.0 for Windows. I am desperately seeking the answer to this
> question:

> Our chapters must start on the right-facing page, that is, on an odd page. Is
> there any way to force this condition? This is what we do now: We make sure
{...snip...}

> All I want is a way to force chapters to ALWAYS start on odd pages. This
would
> save me & co-workers hours and hours of time.
> And no, it was not my decision to use Word for large books.

Well, another case of "using a crescent wrench to drive a nail..."

Your problem is basically expecting Word to manage a large book, which it
cannot reliably do. Based on that premise, break the book into separate
chapters and print them separately. I know this is the tedious way
around the problem, but Word has too many quirk to achieve relaible book
building. If you think in terms of "word processor" and not "page
publisher" it will help you avoid pushing Word beyond its limits.

Good luck.

Dan Azlin ** WORD ENGINEERS, Technical Writing & Publishing **
Ph/Fax: 508-921-8908 18 School Street
Internet: dazlin -at- shore -dot- net Beverly, MA 01915-4851