Re: Boring Discussions

Subject: Re: Boring Discussions
From: Marie Clear <Mclear3000 -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 1995 12:27:02 -0500

In a message dated 95-12-11 20:18:40 EST, willard -at- SFSU -dot- EDU (Willard Brooks)
writes:

>Please do not be offended by this
>statement, but I myslef do find disscussions of grammar and acronym
>capitalization somewhat less than rapturous. More, I have not recieved the
>epiffany experience I had perhaps unrealistically hoped for telling me
>that TW was going to be my lifes work and something that I MUST do.

Well, I'm certainly not offended, and I must admit, I've gotten into
heated debates on how to handle ellipsis at the end of a sentence.
(For those of you who want to debate that, drop me a line.)

Now not to offend you, but what in God's name are you doing
in tech writing if points of grammar and usage bore you? There's
nothing wrong with doing a job that you aren't giddy over,
but you should be on the look-out for something you like
a bit better. I think you'll be more satisfied and be more
successful, since it's easier to be better at something you
enjoy.

What *do* you like about tech writing?

By the way, my fear factor in tech writing isn't that I'll be bored,
it's that I'll procrastinate to the point that every project reminds
me of FINAL EXAMS WEEK! Hate that.

Marie